Tuesday, 17 January 2017

I fell in love twice in two hours


I go to my favorite café for my morning dose of caffeine. There is a sea of people. Every individual with unique thoughts, ideas and perceptions. Enslaved to habitual tendencies and personal agendas. One thing appears common- everyone pretending to be busy.

I see a solid build Indian guy with funny mustache. In amber uniform. Pushing a dozen shopping trollies.  I see another Indian gentleman, neatly shaven and in designer suits, walking past him. Two countrymen in foreign land chasing dreams in their own accord!

Then I see a pair of our own Bhutanese ladies. In purple polo uniform. Pushing a cleaning trolley. Their innocent faces and attractive check bones and curvy hips steal my attention. I fall in love with both of them. 

I see an aged man. Probably in his 80s, clinging to life. He walks slowly but his eyes scan everything, especially the pretty ladies. No doubt he must be wishing to be 20 again.

I see a queue of people at the bank. All of them waiting to be served. For each of them, only their personal banking seems to be urgent and the rest didn’t matter. And the bank staffs forcing smiles. This is the daily game, controlled by some paper called currency.

Now I arrive at the café. I see a new staff. Blonde and beautiful. I fall in love again. I forget my league and think of checking her out. Then the reality kicks in. I am a short Asian dude, and a poor one. And she seems to be in bad mood too. I see no smile. Her body language says, get the fuck out of here.

I get cappuccino and banana bread. She asks, ‘would you like your bread toasted?”

“No thank you. I will have as it is.”

After 2 minutes, I say, “Sorry, can I have my banana bread toasted, please?”

She grabs the bread, shoves it through the kitchen window and asks the kitchen hand to toast it. She doesn’t say anything but she sure looks pissed.

Why?

Human nature.

Our mind is fickle.

Out of control.

So I watch my thought and let it go. I kill the thought of complaining. I enjoy my coffee and bread. Then I walk around the mall and start to watch people. I get lost in myriad thoughts and perceptions, with my own biased interpretations and labels. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you cut short the words. Keep them writing. Good to see u back Dawala Horgola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I can't write long sentences. I am trying hard to forget semicolons, colons and other scary rules of grammer.

      Delete